Checkout our Latest Blogs!
Continued Food Production Announcement and Guidelines for COVID -19
March 17, 2020
As a responsible food packager, we appreciate the trust you have placed in our ability to provide you with clean and safe products for your dinner table. First, we want to say that Uncle Dan’s dry mixes are a shallow risk of contamination regarding COVID-19. We want to assure our customers that we continue to implement GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices) and increased “Cleanliness Actions” within our facility. These actions will continue during and through this period of containment. AT NO TIME do Uncle Dan’s dry spices come into direct contact with individuals. However, there are very brief moments of time where spice is in direct contact with the ambient environment as product moves from auger filler to the pouch. Again, we wish to assure you that any immediate risk to you is EXTREMELY LOW.
Uncle Dan’s is closely monitoring developments related to the COVID-19 evolution and analyzing the impact it may have on our customers and employees. Our production facility will remain open, and we will continue to produce your favorite Uncle Dan’s products.
If you do not wish to go to the store for your favorite UD items www.uncledans.com is always open!
During the next two weeks we will be:
Limiting our building to only essential employees.
Our physical location at 9151 N. Hess St. will be closed to the public.
We will be accepting mail, normal deliveries, and shipments.
We are implementing the following recommendations for our staff as outlined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and our regional health organization including:
- Posting signs throughout our office reminding employees to wash their hands and use sanitizer frequently.
- We are advising that if they are sick, not to come to work. If any family member is sick the employee should also stay home. IF you are not ill and a family member becomes ill.... out of an OVERABUNDANCE of caution employee is to remain home for two weeks OR until it is determined that there is no risk of passing on the virus.
- Deep cleaning your office and your personal work areas.
- Hand sanitizer at primary entry/exit doors to work areas.
- Disinfecting door handles, light switches, office equipment, keyboards, mice, and personal work areas.
- Disinfectant wipes available at multiple locations throughout the office.
- Extra attention to sanitizing common areas: restrooms, lunchrooms, conference rooms, etc.
- Suspending all non-essential business travel and cautioning staff about the hazards of taking personal trips to areas where the virus is known to be spreading and to refrain from traveling via airplane, train or on cruise ships.
- We strongly caution employees about the risks of attending large gatherings (over 10).
- Securing additional laptop computers and other equipment to enable qualified staff to work from home.
- We are postponing all in-person training sessions for the next 30 days. This includes the upcoming B-man training.
While we cannot predict the length and depth of this health concern, we will continue to monitor events and implement additional steps to minimize the impact of the COVID-19 on our ability to meet your needs.
Thank you for your loyalty and support.