Uncle Dans Recipe
Uncle Dan's Mixed Vegetable Salad with Homemade Dressing
Recipe By: Uncle Dan's
0h : 13m
0h : 2m
3h : 15m
Uncle Dan's Mixed Vegetable Salad is a simple yet flavorful side dish that is perfect for any occasion. The crisp, blanched vegetables provide a great texture, while the Uncle Dan’s® homemade dressing adds a creamy, tangy flavor that complements the vegetables perfectly. An optional sprinkle of shredded cheddar cheese adds a savory finish to this delightful salad.
- 3-1/2 cups bite-sized broccoli pieces
- 3-1/2 cups bite-sized cauliflower pieces
- 4 green or red onions, chopped
- 2 cups frozen green peas, thawed
- 1-8 oz can water chestnuts, sliced
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups Uncle Dan’s® prepared Dressing (Recommended: Creamy Ranch, Bleu Cheese, or Classic Ranch)
- Optional: 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Blanch broccoli and cauliflower pieces in boiling water until they are tender but still firm. This should take about 1-2 minutes. Immediately rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- In a large bowl, combine the blanched broccoli and cauliflower with the chopped onions, thawed green peas, and sliced water chestnuts.
- Sprinkle the vegetables with the garlic powder and toss to distribute evenly.
- Pour the Uncle Dan’s® prepared Dressing over the vegetables and mix well, making sure all the ingredients are coated with the dressing.
- If using, sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese over the salad and mix well.
- Cover the salad and chill in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours before serving.