Appetizers & Snacks
Uncle Dan’s Chipotle Ranch Flavored Biscuits by Chef Greg Kauwe
Recipe By: Chef Greg Kauwe
0h : 50m
0h : 25m
1h : 15m
Chef Greg Kauwe brings a creative twist to the classic biscuit recipe with Uncle Dan’s Chipotle Ranch Mix. These biscuits have a unique, tantalizing flavor that makes them perfect for a flavorful snack or a side to your favorite dishes. With buttery layers and a hint of chipotle ranch, they’re sure to impress at your next gathering or family meal. Enjoy these biscuits on their own or pair them with your favorite jams or honey for a delightful sweet and savory combination. It’s comfort food with a hint of excitement, made right in your own kitchen!
- 3 teaspoons of Uncle Dan’s Chipotle Ranch Mix (you can adjust this according to your flavor preference)
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1/3 cup of butter
- Start by placing your butter in the freezer. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk them together to ensure even distribution.
- Remove your butter from the freezer and dice it. Add the butter cubes to the dry ingredients and mix them in with your hands, ensuring it's evenly distributed throughout the mixture. It's important that the butter remains in fragments.
- After the butter is evenly dispersed, add the milk. Continue mixing with your hands until the dough comes together.
- Take the dough out, wrap it in plastic wrap and put it in the fridge for about 30 minutes. Alternatively, you can put it in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Take the dough out, lightly dust it with flour and roll it out with a rolling pin.
- Fold the dough in half and repeat the process two more times. This helps build the layers in the biscuit. Put the dough back in the fridge/freezer.
- After 10 minutes, take out the dough and repeat the rolling and folding process four more times. Now roll the dough out to about 1/4-1/2 inch thick. You are now ready to cut the biscuits.
- Use a coffee cup or biscuit cutter to cut out your biscuits. Place your biscuits on a cookie sheet and give them a light basting of butter.
- Bake your biscuits in the oven for about 25 minutes, or until they puff up and get golden brown.