Chipotle Ranch Turkey Chili
Recipe By: Uncle Dan's
0h : 30m
1h : 00m
1h : 30m
This Chipotle Ranch Turkey Chili is a flavorful and satisfying dish that will warm you up from the inside out. Made with ground turkey, tomatillos, and Uncle Dan's Chipotle Ranch Seasoning & Dip mix, this hearty chili is packed with smoky and zesty flavors. Simmered to perfection, it's the perfect comfort food for chilly nights or game day gatherings. Serve it with a dollop of sour cream and some chopped chipotle chilies for an extra kick!
- 1 package Uncle Dan's Chipotle Ranch Seasoning & Dip mix (or more for extra heat)
- 3 (18-ounce) cans whole tomatillos, drained
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 pounds ground turkey
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (4-ounce) cans mild chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 (19-ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup chopped fresh coriander, or dried coriander to taste
- Sour cream for garnish
- In a large heavy kettle, cook the chopped onions and minced garlic cloves in vegetable oil over moderate heat until the onions are softened.
- Add ground cumin and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Add the ground turkey and cook, stirring and breaking up lumps, until the meat is no longer pink.
- Stir in the Uncle Dan's Chipotle Ranch Seasoning & Dip mix, drained tomatillos, chicken broth, water, bay leaf, dried oregano, and salt.
- Simmer the chili uncovered for 1 hour, adding more water if needed to keep the turkey barely covered.
- Stir in the chopped green bell pepper, drained green chilies, and cornmeal. Continue simmering, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
- Add the white beans, chopped fresh coriander (or dried coriander), remaining minced garlic cloves, and salt to taste. Simmer for an additional 3 minutes, or until heated through.
- Discard the bay leaf.
- The chili can be made ahead and cooled, then refrigerated for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 1 week.
- Serve the Chipotle Ranch Turkey Chili in bowls, garnished with a dollop of sour cream.