Appetizers & Snacks
Uncle Dan's Dill Sushi Surprise
Recipe By: Uncle Dan's
0h : 30m
0h : 20m
0h : 50m
Uncle Dan's Dilly Sushi Surprise brings together the vibrant flavors of sushi-grade salmon, creamy avocado, and crunchy tempura, all fused with the distinctive flavor of Uncle Dan’s California Country Dill. The Uncle Dan’s Dill Dip makes for a delightful accompaniment. This recipe is perfect for those who love experimenting with different cuisines and flavors. It's not just sushi, it's a culinary adventure!
- One cut of sushi grade salmon
- Sheets of dried seaweed
- Cooked sushi rice
- One avocado
- Cut scallions
- One package of Uncle Dan’s California Country Dill
- Rice flour
- Thinly slice the sushi-grade salmon.
- Place a sheet of plastic wrap on top of a sushi rolling mat, then add a sheet of dried seaweed on top.
- Spread the cooked sushi rice evenly across the dried seaweed, patting it down firmly.
- Dice the avocado and place the cubes on top of the rice.
- Add 2-3 strips of the sliced salmon on top of the avocado, then sprinkle with Uncle Dan’s Country Dill.
- Using the sushi roller, carefully roll the ingredients together.
- Cut the rolled sushi in half.
- Prepare a simple tempura batter by mixing together the rice flour, water, and some Uncle Dan’s Dill.
- Dip each sushi half into the tempura batter, then roll them in the panko crumbs.
- Fry the sushi halves until they are golden brown, then carefully slice into bite-sized pieces.
- Serve with Uncle Dan’s Country Dill Dip (prepared according to the package instructions). You can use the dip as a garnish or a dip for the sushi.