Appetizers & Snacks
Bacon & Ranch Stuffed Mushrooms with Crunchy Topping
Recipe By: Uncle Dan's
0h : 15m
0h : 25m
0h : 40m
These Bacon & Ranch Stuffed Mushrooms with a Crunchy Topping are a hit at any gathering. The creamy blend of bacon, cream cheese, and Uncle Dan's Zesty Ranch seasoning makes a delicious filling, while the crispy corn chip and pepper jack cheese topping add a delightful crunch. This appetizer is easy to prepare and packed full of flavor that will have your guests coming back for more.
- 1 pound of large button mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons of bacon bits (store-bought or homemade)
- 4 ounces of cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon of Uncle Dan’s Zesty Ranch Seasoning and Salad Dressing
- 4 tablespoons of crushed corn chips
- 1 tablespoon of shredded pepper jack cheese
- Preheat your oven to 375ºF.
- Remove mushroom stems from tops and discard. Place mushroom tops in a bowl and drizzle with the olive oil. Gently toss or stir to completely coat mushrooms in oil.
- Place the mushroom tops on a sheet pan, open side up, and roast in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- While the mushrooms are roasting, prepare the filling. Place the cream cheese, bacon bits, and Uncle Dan’s Zesty Ranch mix in the bowl of an electric mixer. Mix at low speed until ingredients are incorporated, then mix on medium-high speed for 3-4 minutes, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl once or twice during mixing.
- Once the mushrooms are done roasting, spoon a heaping spoonful of the cream cheese mixture into each mushroom top.
- Prepare the topping by placing two handfuls of corn tortilla chips in a plastic sandwich bag and crushing them into crumbs. Add shredded cheese to the crumbs and toss to mix.
- Top each filled mushroom with about 1 teaspoon of the crunchy topping.
- Place the stuffed mushroom tops back in the oven for 10-12 minutes. Once done, remove from the oven and serve.