Soup n Salads
Veggie-Pasta Salad with Uncle Dan's Dressing
Recipe By: Uncle Dan's
0h : 20m
0h : 2m
0h : 22m
Brimming with fresh veggies and pasta, this salad is dressed in a zesty homemade dressing featuring Uncle Dan's Seasoning and Dressing Mix. Perfect as a side or a light meal on its own, this salad is a versatile addition to any menu. For the best flavor, prepare it a day ahead and let it chill, allowing the ingredients to meld beautifully.
- 1.5 cups cooked pasta
- 4 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 cup sliced olives
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 1 - 6oz jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 - 16oz pkg. frozen California blend vegetables
- 1 cup pimento-stuffed olives, sliced
- 1 - 4oz can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 4 tomatoes, chopped in large pieces
- 1/2 pkg Uncle Dan’s Seasoning and Dressing Mix (Classic Ranch, Mediterranean Garlic or Italian recommended)
- 1.33 cups salad oil
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Boil frozen vegetables for 2 minutes, then rinse under cold water. Drain well.
- Combine the cooked and drained vegetables with the rest of the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Toss lightly to mix.
- For the dressing, combine all the dressing ingredients and mix well with a wire whisk. Let it stand for 20 minutes to allow the flavors to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well to ensure everything is evenly coated.
- For optimal flavor, chill the salad for 24 hours before serving. During this time, mix the salad 2 or 3 times to distribute the dressing evenly.