Soup n Salads
Mediterranean Steak and Red Potato Salad with Uncle Dan's Dressing
Recipe By: Uncle Dan's
0h : 15m
0h : 4m
0h : 19m
A flavorful blend of tender steak and red potatoes tossed in a homemade Mediterranean Garlic dressing. This salad features a burst of citrus from orange zest and a colorful mix of bell peppers and red onions. The dressing, made with salad oil, vinegar, sugar, and garlic powder, enhances the flavors of the ingredients and ties the whole salad together.
- 3 large red potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 cups thinly sliced medium rare beef steak
- 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1 scallion top, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup Uncle Dan’s® Mediterranean Garlic dressing
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 16 ounces mixed lettuce
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1.33 cups salad oil
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until tender; then drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked potatoes, steak, bell peppers, onion, and scallion.
- Pour the Uncle Dan’s® Mediterranean Garlic dressing over the steak mixture and toss gently to combine.
- Add the parsley and toss again to mix.
- Arrange the mixed lettuce leaves on four plates. Spoon the steak mixture over the lettuce.
- Garnish the salad with orange zest. Serve at room temperature.
- For the homemade dressing, combine the salad oil, vinegar, sugar, and garlic powder in a separate bowl. Mix well and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Pour the homemade dressing over the salad and mix well.
- To enhance the flavor, refrigerate the salad for 24 hours before serving, mixing 2 or 3 times during this period.