Soup n Salads
Uncle Dan's Fire Roasted Tomato Soup with Creamy Ranch
Recipe By: Uncle Dan's
0h : 10m
0h : 50m
1h : 30m
This fire roasted tomato soup recipe is a fantastic way to warm up on a cold day. The fire roasted tomatoes give the soup a deep, smoky flavor, and Uncle Dan's Italian and Creamy Ranch Seasonings add a delicious tangy kick. The soup is hearty and filling, but also healthy and full of vitamins from the tomatoes. This dish is perfect as a comforting lunch or dinner, and pairs wonderfully with a fresh salad or a crispy grilled cheese sandwich.
- 6 large fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 4 cups of tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of Uncle Dan's Italian Seasoning
- 1 cup of sour cream
- ¼ cup of cream
- ¾ of a package Uncle Dan's Creamy Ranch Seasoning
- Begin by coarsely chopping the fire roasted tomatoes and the yellow onion. You want pieces small enough to blend easily, but not so small that they'll disappear during the simmering process.
- Place the chopped tomatoes and onion in a large soup pot. Add the tomato juice, heavy cream, sugar, and Uncle Dan's Italian Seasoning. Stir to combine the ingredients.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat. Let it simmer for about 30 minutes, or until the tomatoes and onion have softened.
- While the soup simmers, combine the sour cream, additional cream, and Uncle Dan's Creamy Ranch Seasoning in a bowl. Mix until smooth and fully combined.
- When the tomatoes and onion have softened, use a blender or an immersion blender to puree the soup. You can leave some chunks if you prefer a more rustic texture.
- Return the pureed soup to the heat and stir in the creamy ranch mixture. Allow the soup to simmer for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot, garnished with a dollop of sour cream or a sprinkle of fresh herbs, if desired.