Uncle Dan's Seasoned Steak with Sautéed Mushrooms and Mashed Potatoes
Recipe By: Uncle Dan's
0h : 15m
0h : 30m
0h : 45m
Enjoy a hearty dinner with Uncle Dan's Seasoned Steak with Sautéed Mushrooms and Mashed Potatoes. The juicy steak is seasoned with Uncle Dan's Italian Seasoning and seared to perfection, paired with creamy mashed potatoes and flavorful sautéed mushrooms. The dish is finished with a tangy green onion relish made with Uncle Dan's Zesty Ranch Seasoning. This dish is sure to be a hit with everyone at the dinner table.
- 1 package of Uncle Dan's Italian Seasoning
- 1 package of Uncle Dan's Zesty Ranch Seasoning
- 8 ounce flat iron steak
- Olive oil
- A handful of mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of whole butter
- A splash of white wine
- A few Yukon Gold Potatoes, steamed and mashed
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 1 bunch green onions, diced
- Juice of one lime
- 1 poblano pepper, roasted and diced
- Preheat your frying pan over medium heat.
- Cut the steak into thirds and pat dry. Season both sides of the steak with Uncle Dan's Italian Seasoning.
- Drizzle olive oil in the frying pan and sear the steak until caramelized on both sides. Remove the steak from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the sliced mushrooms and sauté in the steak juices.
- Add the whole butter to the pan. Once melted, add a splash of white wine and continue to cook until the mushrooms are browned.
- For the mashed potatoes, combine the steamed and mashed potatoes with the cream cheese in a pot over low heat. Stir until the cream cheese is fully incorporated.
- To make the green onion relish, combine the diced green onions and roasted poblano pepper in a bowl. Add Uncle Dan's Zesty Ranch Seasoning, a squeeze of fresh lime juice, a splash of white wine, and a drizzle of olive oil. Mix well.
- To serve, plate a portion of the mashed potatoes and place a seared steak on top. Cover the steak with the sautéed mushrooms and top with a spoonful of the green onion relish. Enjoy!