Checkout our Latest Blogs!
Uncle Dan's Macaroni Shrimp Salad (Inspired by Auntie Nina)
August 28, 2023
A cherished family recipe passed down through generations, this macaroni shrimp salad perfectly embodies the zest and creaminess of Uncle Dan's Original Southern Classic Ranch Dressing. It's so beloved that many double the batch – it's simply that good!
- 1 16-oz. package macaroni (cooked al dente per package directions, drained and rinsed)
- 1 bunch of celery (cleaned and diced or chopped)
- 1 large bunch (or 2 small bunches) of green onions (cleaned and diced; use both white and green parts)
- 1 (or 2) 6 oz. cans of shrimp (tiny or medium), drained
- Optional: 1 6 oz. can of black olives, drained (you can keep them sliced, halved, or whole as per preference)
- Uncle Dan's Original Southern Classic Ranch Dressing prepared with buttermilk and mayonnaise, per package instructions
- In a large bowl, combine macaroni, celery, green onions, shrimp, and black olives (if using).
- Mix in most of the Uncle Dan's Dressing until you reach your desired consistency.
- Cover and refrigerate the salad, reserving some dressing. The macaroni will absorb some of the dressing while chilling.
- Before serving, stir in the reserved Uncle Dan's Dressing as needed. Serve cold. (Though, a sneaky immediate serving won't hurt!)
- Pro-tip: To easily make Uncle Dan's dressing, save a large wide-mouth jar (more than 32 ounces in capacity). Measure ingredients directly into this jar using marked lines for easy future reference. After marking the 2 cup mayonnaise and 2 cup buttermilk levels, you won't need to measure next time – just fill to the lines.