Major Ric's Pretzel Recipe
- 1 pound of mini twist pretzels
- 4 ounces of Orville Redenbacher popcorn oil (can substitute with olive oil)
- ½ a package of Uncle Dan’s® Classic Ranch Seasoning and Salad Dressing
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon of garlic powder*
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon of dill weed*
- *The amounts of garlic powder and dill weed can be varied according to your taste.
- Pour the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl, add the popcorn oil and mix thoroughly with a whisk or electric mixer.
- Spread the pretzels out in a large 10” by 16” roasting pan and pour the marinade evenly over all of the pretzels. The dry ingredients are not completely absorbed in the oil so it is best to use a tablespoon to ladle the marinade over the pretzels.
- Every 10-15 minutes for the next hour and a half use a spatula to stir the pretzels and keep doing this until they fully absorb all the marinade. When this is done, I can assure you that the pretzels will not be soggy, and I can also assure you that you will find it impossible to eat just one.
- For 2 or 3-pound batches, just double or triple all of the ingredients. If you are going to make more than 3 pounds, I would suggest using two roasting pans; the thinner the layers of the pretzels, the quicker and the more evenly the marinade will be absorbed.