🦃 Mashed Potatoes and Memories
Are you ready for Thanksgiving? If you are hosting and want to ensure that you have the most delicious food that will leave your guests full, OR if you want to bring the perfect dish to your host, then we have you covered.
Everyone brings and makes the same few dishes during Thanksgiving, but Uncle Dan’s wants you to have a memorable and delicious Thanksgiving meal. We created a comprehensive Thanksgiving menu with recipes/shopping lists so you can focus on shopping and making the epic Thanksgiving decorations, wreaths, and table decor for your guests.
Check out our Thanksgiving menu to kick off your Thanksgiving this year. We will take you through all the courses using our delicious spices for your meal.
Check out our Uncle Dan’s recipes below to add to your Thanksgiving grocery list. You can grab us at your local store this year or buy us online.
Appetizer: Easy Artichoke Crab Dip Recipe
Kick off your meal with a delicious and easy dip to bring everyone together. As everyone joins together again, ensure you have enough as it’s also a delicious leftover on a sandwich.
- 1 package of Uncle Dan’s Classic Ranch or Creamy Ranch Mix
- 1 (16 ounce) container of greek yogurt
- 1 (14 ounce) can of artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- ¾ cup of cooked crabmeat (rinsed and drained) or imitation crab
- 2 tablespoons of chopped red or green bell pepper
- Sliced french bread, crackers, or fresh vegetables, for dipping
- Combine dips mix with sour cream.
- Stir in artichoke hearts, crabmeat, and bell peppers.
- Chill 30 minutes.
- Serve with sliced french bread, crackers, or fresh vegetables.
Sides: Potato Pie
We all know the sides are the unsung heroes of the Thanksgiving meal. In fact, most guests fill up on the sides and barely make it to the Turkey. Try out our delicious Potato Pie that will have your guest coming back for seconds and be the best leftover the next day too!
- ￼1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons of margarine
- 1-1/4 cups of instant potato flakes
- 1 cup of prepared Uncle Dan’s® Classic Ranch (Original Southern) Dressing
- 1 pound of ground beef or turkey
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup of packaged stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup of pearl onions
- 1 cup of small mushroom caps
- 1 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of prepared Uncle Dan’s® Classic Ranch Seasoning and Salad Dressing
- In small saucepan bring water & margarine to a boil.
- Add milk, stir in potato flakes.
- Stir in egg & seasoning mix dressing.
- Spread in well-greased 10” pie pan, building up sides - set aside.
- Brown meat and drain.
- Sauté mushrooms & onions until tender.
- Combine egg & Worcestershire sauce.
- Mix all of the above together with stuffing mix and place into potato shell.
- Pour dressing over top of meat mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before cutting.
Main: Rack of Lamb with Mashed Potatoes
While Turkey is the Thanksgiving staple, we know there is usually a complimentary meat on the table as well to give your guests options. This year try Uncle Dan’s delicius rack of lamb and mashed potatoes.
- 1 package of Uncle Dan's® Mediterranean Garlic Seasoning
- 1 package of Uncle Dan's® Bleu Cheese Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup of panko
- Olive oil
- Pinch of rosemary
- Pinch of thyme
- 1 tablespoon of fresh chopped garlic
- Rack of lamb
- In mixing bowl, combine and stir Dijon mustard, olive oil, panko, rosemary, thyme, garlic, and 1 tablespoon Uncle Dan's® Mediterranean Garlic Seasoning and Salad Dressing.
- Set out rack of lamb and let it get to room temperature.
- Cover the lamb in marinade.
- Bake in oven for 12-15, or until done, at 450°.
- Remove from oven, cover, and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Boil potatoes, mash and mix in butter and Uncle Dan's® Bleu Cheese Seasoning and Salad Dressing.
NON- Pumpkin Eaters Dessert
Everyone is going to be making (or bringing) pumpkin pie, but at Uncle Dan’s we like to spice it up and do things differently. Why not bring a cheesecake this Thanksgiving?
- 3 pounds of cream cheese
- 3 cups of sour cream
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of lemon juice
- 3-5 cups of eggs
- 1 package of Uncle Dan's Bleu Cheese Seasoning and Salad Dressing
- 1 1/2 cups of ground walnut
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 2 cups of blueberries
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of port wine
- Soften cream cheese until smooth
- Add sugar and sour cream
- Add Uncle Dan's Bleu Cheese
- Slow down mixer speed and slowly add eggs
- Pour cheese mixture into pan
- Mix ingredients well
- Line crust in spring form and bake 10 min
- Bake at 300 degrees for about 1 hour to 1 hour 15 min
Add a comment